Also there is a screen inside the gas tank - reverse flushing helped the gas flow. I folded the handle down and put it in the back of my car. The motor doesn't really like old gas my 2 stroke gas can sometimes gets a little old. Even though it's only a 3hp 2 stroke engine, it powered through this snow without much jamming at all. I was already missing a few bolts from the flywheel housing, so I know this thing has been apart before. This is the step where I almost gave up and put it back out on the curb, but I had an idea. Snow blower operation made easy.
Update: I found the parts manual for the 3200, 3201, 3202 and 3203 models. It's powered with a 3 hp Tecumseh two stroke engine, with a float type carb. I think this was an indication that I was going to have some trouble with the gasket around the float cup. When I first saw this thing on the curb, I pulled the cord to see if it would turn and it did. I then secured the housing and moved on to the next step.
On both - the chute would vibrate around while using. He only uses the two stage when there is a foot or more of snow to blow. I remember fitting it, turning it a tiny bit, and then moving the wrench up one notch and doing it again. The primer bulb just made an air puffing noise, but never pulled any gas. Available on the Medium Duty dual stage snow blower. I remember it being very tedious but it worked. Two-stage snow blowers will not clean down to the ground, so they are perfect on crushed stone or gravel paths.
What really helped me was using seafoam. I also found some parts diagrams on website. It promises to form a chemical and heat resistant seal that won't harden over time. Since a lot of snow builds up on the top of the auger housing, I expect most snow blowers would have the same issue. As far as I could tell, none of the orifices or jets were clogged, but the carburetor wouldn't pull fuel from the tank. I put the cup back on and put some more sealant on the rubber washer gasket on the nut at the bottom of the cup. I tried several different spring set ups and finally just added a metal spring clamp - holding the chute to the frame.
Bonus: as it turns out, my weed whacker needs a new pull handle. Once the bolt loosens up it will spin freely and you will have to hold them tight to the housing. Once I fed the rope all the way out and back through the control panel and the handle, I held it in place with a spring clamp while I made a knot in the handle. The red bracket folds out of the way after the center screw is removed. I looked online for a set of gaskets to repair the carb, but it's hard to find parts for this model, especially anything for the carburetor.
These are decent little snowblowers. I was hoping to find a service manual, but there aren't any online. Actually better than my new one. Once everything was clean, I put everything back together and put the carb back on the engine. The chute has these nylon guide runners that follow a track with teeth that lock the adjuster mechanism in position. After I cleaned the carburetor, the motor still wouldn't run. Next I started taking off the carburetor.
They can be helpful, if only to see how things come apart. This rod has a spring that keeps the rod between the cog's teeth until I squeeze the handle. Dad has a big Snapper two stage, but he likes this better, because it's easer for him to move around. Frustrated beyond belief I think I used a little crescent wrench and just made it work. While I was writing this instructable, I found this old Tecumseh carburetor repair. The library expands every day, making it one of the best resources on the Internet. It ran like a champ till recently.
I tried the electric start and while that didn't start the motor, the electric motor was very strong and worked perfectly. Once the housing is removed, I just tied a knot in the new rope, fed it into the rewind assembly. If you can reinforce it somehow it will probably last a good deal longer. I have the exact model. .
While I was at it, I replaced the fuel line with some new fuel hose I had laying around because it looked pretty cracked. I guess this is almost 30 years old, but I can't tell for sure. It's not a perfect solution, but I think I am missing a part. I took off the top and bottom covers, which were in decent shape. I garbage picked this Snapper 3201 snowblower about ten years ago. I had to take off the visible bolts on the near side, and a few bolts that were very difficult to reach. Just enter your model number below and you're a step closer to re-discovering your instructions.